J. Herbin

The first J. Herbin was a French sailor who from his many trips to India brought the formulas to make the waxes and inks that today bear his name. The first one, “La perle des encrés” (the pearl of the inks), was created in 1700 and still today continues to be highly valued for its high quality. In 1798, the 4th J. Herbin located the workshop and the ink shop in Paris, and during the nineteenth century continued to create new inks. He even created a special ink for Victor Hugo, one of the best French writers.

Today, Herbin continues to produce a range of beautiful calligraphy and fountain pen inks, writing instruments, gift sets and accessories. Herbin inks are manufactured in France and the final touches of the bottles are still made by hand in Paris.

At Naikare we have many of the J. Herbin inks, paper, ink and pen sets, and other accessories. Come take a look!